UETDRMP010 covers the following topics:
- Provision of emergency first aid relevant to an ESI Environment
- Identification of hazards and minimisation of risks
- Assessment and stabilization of the casualty
- Provision of first aid for conditions including Bleeding, Burns, Electrocution, Bites, Stings and Envenomation
- Requesting Ambulance Support and casualty handover – communication of details to emergency services personnel
- Patient Reassurance / Communications
- Reporting details of accident /incident
To successfully complete this short course, participants need to demonstrate:
- Ability to perform a first aid in line with the rescue procedures relevant to an ESI environment
- Ability to implement and follow Occupational Health and Safety workplace procedures and practices including the use of risk control measures
- Knowledge of State/Territory regulations, First Aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- An understanding of legal and workplace considerations relevant to the qualification
- An understanding of the critical safety nature of working with electricity, electrical equipment, gas and other hazardous substance/materials
Evidence of current and valid HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation Statement of Attainment or HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (which includes CPR)
Long sleeves and long pants, appropriate safety footwear
The following content is covered during the course of the training session:
- WH&S legislation, height safety regulations, codes of practice & relevant Australian standards.
- Roles & responsibilities of managers & employees
Unit of Competency
UETDRMP010 Provide first aid in an ESI environment
Participants' learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment as well as written questions as appropriate.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Face to Face - 4 Hours